Did you know you could make your own potato chips? You can even make air fryer potato chips for a healthier treat! This post contains affiliate links.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Chips
- medium-sized potatoes
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
How to make Air Fryer Potato Chips
Begin by slicing the potatoes very thin with a knife, mandolin, or even the slicer on a cheese grater.
Next place the potato slices in an ice water bath for about 10-15 minutes.
Then, lay out paper towels and let them dry out as much as possible.
Place the potato slices in a bowl and toss them with oil until evenly coated.
Add salt and pepper and toss as well.
Then lay the potato slices in an even layer in the air fryer basket. You can overlap them a tiny bit.
Cook at 325 F degrees for 8 to 13 minutes. Begin checking at the 5-minute mark and every 5 minutes after that for doneness and to move them around as necessary.
Tips for Potato Chips
The thicker the potato chips, the higher the temperature will need to be to cook your potato chips in the air fryer. So, don’t fret if you need to raise the temperature to get yours done.
I find that using the slicer on the cheese grater gets them very thin and fairly uniform, so they cook quickly.
How do I add other seasoning?
You can totally add other seasonings. I start with just a little, like 1/2 a teaspoon to this amount of potato chips and see if I need to add more. Here’s a few ideas:
- ranch seasoning packet
- Mac & Cheese powdered cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Tapatio sauce – just add the chips to a ziplock bag and shake
- Sriracha sauce – add the chips to a ziplock bag and shake
- raid the pantry for your favorite seasonings (garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, ground mustard powder etc.)
More Snack Ideas
- Air Fryer Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- How to Make Lil Smokies Pigs in a Blanket in the Air Fryer
- How to make easy TikTok Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Cinnamon and Sugar Apple Chips in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Potato Chips
- 2-3 potato's (depending on size, I did 3 smaller)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper (amount is based on preference)
- Slice potatoes very thin using a mandolin or sharp knife.
- Soak potatoes in cold water for at least 20 minutes.
- Lay out on paper towel and dry slice.
- Toss potatoes with oil and salt & pepper in a dry bowl until evenly coated.
- Lay potatoes in an even layer in air fryer basket only overlapping a tiny bit.
- Cook at 325 F degrees for 8-13 minutes checking every 5 minutes and moving around to prevent sticking to each other and the fryer.
Enjoyed this post? Come follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!