I have been trying to figure out how to make the best chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer, and these are finally it! This post contains affiliate links.
They’re full of oats and coconut oil! You are going to love these!
What ingredients do you need to make Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer?
- coconut oil
- light brown sugar
- white sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- cinnamon to taste
- vanilla extract
- old-fashioned or quick cook oats
- chocolate chips
Making the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Some air fryers don’t have a preheat feature, but you can easily preheat yours by turning it to the temperature you’ll be cooking at and letting it warm up for 3-5 minutes.
I use this 8-qt air fryer to cook with all the time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a preheat setting, but I preheat just by running the air fryer beforehand.
For instance, this air fryer chocolate chip cookie recipe requires 350 F degrees, so set your air fryer to this temperature and let it run for 3-5 minutes, or while you’re preparing the dough.
In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, white sugar, and coconut oil.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Begin adding 1/3 of your flour mixture to the sugar mixture until completely mixed. Then, repeat this step until all your flour and sugar mixture are completely incorporated.
Next, add in the vanilla extra and the egg and mix until the egg is completely incorporated.
Add the oats and mix to combine completely.
Lastly, we’ll fold in the chocolate chips. For this recipe, I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. But, you can also use milk chocolate chips as well.
How do you make Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer?
I like to use a parchment paper liner to make these cookies in the air fryer. These parchment paper air fryer lines are my personal favorites.
Take 2 tablespoons of your cookie dough to the palm of your hand. Add as many dough balls as you can to the size of the air fryer basket making sure to leave at least 2 inches of room to cook and expand.
With your air fryer preheated, cook your cookies at 350°F for five minutes, or until golden brown. (Depending on the size of air fryer you will have to repeat the step until all of your dough is cooked. See note.)
Once your cookies are done in the air fryer, transfer them to a cooling rack to allow them to cool.
Enjoy warm and with a fresh glass of milk!
Can you use refrigerated cookie dough or other homemade cookie dough to make air fryer cookies?
Honestly, I don’t know. I have tried with refrigerated and other doughs and have not been successful.
I feel like the combination of the coconut oil, just one egg, and using the oats help these cookies go a long way in the air fryer.
Can you make these Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies ahead of time?
Absolutely! They are great the next day as long as you keep them sealed.
You can also make the dough up ahead of time and freeze it into balls. This way you can pull out a couple cookie dough balls at a time and cook just a few when you’re craving chocolate chip cookies! Just make sure you let them thaw before cooking in the air fryer.
How do you store left over Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Air Fryer?
Once they are cooled but still warm, I divide them up and put two each in sandwich-sized ziplock bags. They’re perfect to take along for a quick breakfast or snack.
More Air Fryer Desserts
- Let’s Make Air Fryer Churros
- 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler in the Air Fryer
- Make a Quick Batch of Air Fryer Strawberry Mini Pies
- Blueberry Crisp in the Air Fryer
- How to Make S’mores Hand Pies in the Air Fryer
- Cinnamon and Sugar Apple Chips in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar light
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 and ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 and ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F. If you don't have a preheat function, just run the air fryer at 350 F degrees for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together your brown sugar, white sugar, and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until incorporated. Repeat until all your flour and sugar mixture are incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extra and egg and continue mixing.
- Add the oats and mix until incorporated into the dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place a parchment paper liner in the bottom of your air fryer.
- Take 2 tablespoons of your cookie dough to the palm of your hand. Add as many dough balls as you can to the size of the air fryer basket making sure to leave at least 2 inches of room to cook and expand. (I have an 8 qt and make 4 cookies at a time.)
- Cook the cookies at 350°F for five minutes, or until golden brown. (Depending on the size of air fryer you will have to repeat the step until all of your dough is cooked. See note.)
- Once your cookies are done in the air fryer, transfer them to a plate or cooling rack to allow them to cool.
Enjoyed this post? Come follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!