One of my favorite things at Red Lobster is their Cheddar Biscuits. You won’t believe how easy Air Fryer Cheddar Biscuits are to make. You don’t have to heat up the kitchen with the oven, and they take less than 10 minutes!
These biscuits are perfectly cheesy. I love pulling them apart and slathering them with butter while they’re still hot. And, they go so well with so many meals. I often serve them with air fryer fish sticks or shrimp.
What ingredients do you need to make cheddar biscuits in the Air Fryer?
For this recipe, I used cheddar jack cheese. You could also use sharp cheddar, medium cheddar, or even extra sharp cheddar as well. I also recommend colby cheese or even colby jack cheese. These cheeses all have a good bite to them that makes these biscuits taste amazing.
all purpose flour
- salted butter, very cold
cheddar jack cheese, freshly shredded
- melted butter
How do you make these cheese biscuits in the air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 390 F degrees. If your air fryer doesn’t have preheat, just set the temperature for 390 F degrees and run it for 3-5 minutes.
In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
TIP: Use a cheese grater to shred the butter when it’s very cold to make it super easy to incorporate into the biscuit dough.
Shred the butter with grater and then add it in with the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Next, add the milk and buttermilk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
Shred the cheese and add it to the mixture and mix until just combined.
Sprinkle flour onto some parchment paper.
Use your hands to slightly knead the dough and form it into a large rectangular shape.
Then fold the dough in half. If it’s too thick, gently roll it out to about 1/2-inch thick.
Use a biscuit cutter, circle cookie cutter or a glass to cut out biscuits.
Melt two tablespoons of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then, brush the melted butter on the raw biscuits prior to cooking.
Lay the biscuits into the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from air fryer, serve with butter immediately.
Turn these cheddar biscuits into a sandwich
Instead of serving a side with dinner, you can totally turn these into a meal themselves for breakfast, lunch or dinner Here’s a few ideas to make them sandwiches:
- Sausage patty and egg
- Stuffed with chicken, tuna, or ham salad
- Bacon strips and egg
- Sliced avocado with a scrambled egg
- Tomato, sliced avocado, and ham slices
- Chicken patty
How do you store leftover biscuits?
Since these have cheese them, I like to store them in a zipper baggie in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Then, I just reheat in the air fryer or microwave for 30 seconds.
You could also freeze them in a freezer-safe container like a freezer zipper baggie. Then, I just take out what I need and heat them up in the air fryer or microwave.
Is it okay to make these ahead of time?
I do think they taste the best when made fresh. But, I also make them ahead of time and freeze or refrigerate them. This way, you can just take one or two out at a time and heat them up. They are still pretty delicious reheated this way.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- 3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
- Homemade Hush Puppies in the Air Fryer
- How to cook Fresh Raw Broccoli in the Air Fryer
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter (very cold)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar jack, freshly shredded
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 F degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Shred the butter with grater and then add it in with the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Next, add the milk and buttermilk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Shred the cheese and add it to the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Sprinkle flour onto some parchment paper.
- Use your hands to slightly knead the dough and form it into a rectangle. Then fold the dough in half.
- Use a biscuit cutter, circle cookie cutter or a glass to cut out biscuits.
- Brush melted butter on the biscuits prior to cooking.
- Lay the biscuits into the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from air fryer, serve with butter immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.