I admit this is a little cheater recipe because these Air Fryer Pork Egg Rolls are not made just in the air fryer. You will need to brown the meat over the stove, but the rest of the process is made just in the air fryer!
I make stir fry quite frequently, and I always add dumplings and egg rolls as sides to our meal. Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer are always a hit in our family.
What ingredients do you need to make Air Fryer Pork Egg Rolls?
This looks like a lot of ingredients, but you probably have most of it already in the pantry.
- olive oil
- sesame seeds
- ground pork (or ground beef or chicken, if preferred)
- green onions
- onion powder
- black pepper
- ground ginger
- minced garlic
- white wine vinegar (or regular white vinegar is fine)
- soy sauce
- tricolor coleslaw mix
- egg roll wraps
How do you make Air Fryer Pork Egg Rolls?
First, chop two stalks of the green onions.
This is the one part where we cheat and have to use the stove to brown the meat.
In a saucepan over medium high heat, add a little bit of oil and sesame seeds. Once the seeds turn golden, then brown the meat.
Next, add all the spices, vinegar, soy sauce, and chopped green onions. Cook until most of the juices evaporate.
Layout an egg roll wrapper in the position of a diamond.
Place 2-3 spoonful’s of meat in the center of the wrapper.
Lightly wet the edge of the wrapper with water.
Fold the left and right corners into the center.
Fold the bottom corner and roll the egg rolls shut, squeezing the air out as you roll.
Lightly wet the exposed corner to seal it down.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil and place the egg rolls in the basket. Then, spray the egg rolls with oil.
Cook for 8 minutes on 380 F degrees, making sure to give them a shake to flip halfway.
Then, cook until the egg rolls are crispy and golden brown on all sides.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before you eat them.
Dip in your favorite sweet and sour sauce or the perfect sweet chili sauce. Here’s a few easy Asian style sauce recipes you can try.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Here’s a few more recipes, we think you’ll love to try, too:
- Twice Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Let’s Make Chicken Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 2 stalks of green onions
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of tricolor coleslaw mix
- 8 egg roll wraps
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add a little bit of oil and sesame seeds. Once the seeds turn golden then brown the meat. Add the spices, vinegar, soy sauce, and chopped green onions. Cook until most of the juices evaporate.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper in the position of a diamond.
- Place 2-3 spoonful's of meat in the center of the wrapper.
- Lightly wet the edge of the wrapper with water.
- Fold left and right corners into the center.
- Fold the bottom corner and roll the egg rolls shut, squeezing the air out as
- Lightly wet the exposed corner to seal it down.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil and place the egg rolls in the basket. Then, spray the egg rolls with oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 380 F degrees, shaking halfway.
- Cook until egg rolls are crispy and golden brown on all sides.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before you eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
How do you cook store bought Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer?
If….you don’t want to go to all the work for these Air Fryer Pork Egg Rolls, I discovered the BEST egg rolls to make in the air fryer are the ones from Dollar Tree. I know it’s hard to believe, but they are really big and really tasty.
You can find them in the frozen department. They have several different flavors — pork, chicken, shrimp, veggie, and even lobster. We love the pork and chicken ones best. I cook 4 at a time in my air fryer on 400 F degrees for 15 minutes, and they are perfect every time.