I love a quick dessert as you can probably tell from the posts lately. I can make it while we’re eating dinner, and this Caramel Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer is perfect for a quick and easy dessert like that.
This dessert is perfect for so many things from a weeknight treat that takes no time at all to a holiday dessert!
My kids and husband went crazy for this recipe. Your family will just love it. It makes about four servings, and it’s so easy the kids can put it together. This post contains affliate links.
What do you need to make a Caramel Apple Crisp in the air fryer?
You’ll need a can of apple pie filling, a can of dulce de leche as well as brown sugar, flour, quick cooking oats, and butter.
You’ll also need a deep dish size cake barrel. I bought this Air Fryer Accessories Kit for my air fryer in the 7-inch size, and it came with a “cake barrel” with a handle for easy lifting in an out of the air fryer. It’s just the perfect size for this caramel apple crisp.
Plus, there’s quite a few accessories in this kit that come in handy for your air fryer. I use a lot of the stuff in this kit for cooking in my air fryer.
How do you make a Caramel Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer?
When making baked goods in the air fryer, I like to preheat the air fryer ahead of time. If you don’t have a preheat button, which I do not, just set the temperature for what you’re going to bake at (such as 350 F degrees for this one) and let it heat up while you’re putting the dessert together.
Spray the cake barrel with olive oil spray. Then, add the apple pie filling.
Next, take about 1/2 cup of dulce de leche and spread it across the top of the apple pie filling. I like to heat it up for about 30 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, and oats and give them a good mix.
Pour the melted butter over the mix and stir it up. It will be lumpy, but that’s okay.
Next, spread the oat mixture over the top of the dulce de leche and apple pie filling. If it doesn’t completely cover all the way to the edges, that’s okay, too.
Now it’s time to pop it in the air fryer. I set it for 10 minutes and at around 8-9 minutes, I start checking occasionally to see if the top is looking crispy and golden brown. That’s when it’s ready.
Then, remove it from the air fryer, and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream over the top. You could also serve it without ice cream or with a drizzle of heavy cream or even a scoop of Cool Whip.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- Let’s Make Air Fryer Churros
- Blueberry Crisp in the Air Fryer
- S’mores Hand Pies in the Air Fryer
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Pies in the Air Fryer
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 1-minute oats
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 F degrees while you're putting the caramel apple crisp together.
- Spray the cake barrel with oil spray.
- Spread the apple pie filling in the cake barrel.
- Spread the dulce de leche over the top of the apples.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, and oats.
- Melt the butter and mix it into the oat mixture. It should be a little crumbly.
- Spread the oat mixture over the top of the dulce de leche.
- Bake in the air fryer for about 10 minutes, until the topping is cooked and turning golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of cream, scoop of ice cream, or even a scoop of Cool Whip
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.