This Copycat KFC Famous Bowl in the Air Fryer recipe is super easy to make if you have leftover mashed potatoes. You can also make instant mashed potatoes really quickly. This post contains affiliate links.
These are my favorite instant mashed potatoes. It says just add boiling water, but I add a couple tablespoons of salted butter and a scoop of whipped cream cheese to make them taste closer to homemade.
What do you need to make this Copycat KFC Famous Bowl?
- cubed chicken breast
- Mortons Natures Seasons No MSG Seasoning Blend
- instant or leftover mashed potatoes
- brown gravy
- canned corn
- shredded cheddar cheese
How do you make a Copycat KFC Famous Bowl in the Air Fryer?
So the main part of this meal is the chicken, which is made in the air fryer. You will also need to either have leftovers or make mashed potatoes (instant are fine) and brown gravy (from a mix is fine).
How to make Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer at 385 F degrees for about 3-5 minutes when you’re ready to cook.
Set out 3 small bowls.
In the first bowl, beat the eggs.
In another bowl, add the cornstarch.
In your last bowl, add the flour mixture and seasoning and mix it up.
Coat each piece of chicken in this order:
- egg mixture
Lightly spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. I use an aerosol oil sprayer that I refill with canola oil.
Add your dipped chicken to the air fryer basket.
Cook at 385 For 8-10 minutes, shaking every 3 minutes.
When finished, check temperature to make sure it’s above 165 F degrees.
How to make the Copycat KFC Famous Bowl
For each serving, add 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
Then add 1/2 cup corn.
Next, top with the chicken fresh from the air fryer.
Then drizzle with 1/2 cup gravy
Finally, top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
How do you store leftovers for the Copycat KFC Famous Bowl?
If you want the chicken to stay crispy, I would not put the bowls together for meal prep in the fridge ahead of time. But, some people don’t mind if the chicken is a little soft and go ahead and prep it that way.
Otherwise, you can separate the chicken, but go ahead and put everything else together.
Then, when you’re ready to eat, heat up the chicken in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to crisp it up. Separately heat up the famous bowl and then add the chicken on top.
Can you make the Copycat KFC Famous Bowl ahead of time?
Yes. This is the perfect solution when you have leftover gravy and mashed potatoes.
You can even make the chicken up a day ahead of time and reheat it in the air fryer.
I would not recommend making it up more than 1 day in advance as the chicken just won’t be as good.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Twice Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Let’s Make Chicken Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Egg Free Cornflake Chicken in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Air Fryer Pork Egg Rolls
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Natures seasoning
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 cups brown gravy
- 2 cups corn, canned
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your air fryer at 385 for 5 minutes when ready to cook.
- In 3 small bowls, add to one bowl your eggs. Beat.
- In another bowl, cornstarch.
- In your last bowl, flour mixture and seasoning. Mix.
- Coat each piece of chicken in your cornstarch, then egg mixture, and then flour.
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add your chicken to your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 385 For 8-10 minutes, shaking every 3 minutes.
Famous bowl prep:
- Add to your serving bowl, 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Next, 1/2 cup corn.
- Then, the chicken is fresh from the air fryer.
- 1/2 cup gravy
- Finally, top with 1/2 shredded cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 2926mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g
Any nutritional information on thetiptoefairy.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.